Pages

Monday 27 April 2020

Daily Five Literacy 2

The Daily Five Literacy
Date : Thursday 23 April

10 Minutes

Read to self

What book did you read?
Title & Author: 
There Was an Old lady who swallowed a bell by Lucille Colandro


20 minutes

Work on 
Writing.
Click here for the writing prompts



Expressive Writing: Choose any topic to write about. Or write a Poem
 
One day I went to the beach with my cousins. It was a very very hot day. So I ran into the water with my cousins then I went out and started throwing rocks and then I built a sand castle with seashells. I really enjoyed my day.



10 Minutes

Listen to Reading


Title of book: Somebody Loves you, Mr Hatch      Author: Eileen Spinelli

What is the story about? OR What is your favorite part of the story?

My favourite part was when Mr Hatch got a love heart and he felt happy again and he laughed and was smiling and talking.



Word Work

What are 5 new words that you hear or find today? Find their meaning
Confidently - you are confident about something
Photography- taking a picture
Organisation- a place that organising something like a work place
Radically- when something is done in a big way
Elaborate - is to explain something with lots of details and information
10 minutes

Read to Someone
What book did you read and Who did you read to? Ask that person to give you feedback on how you read. (Reading Fluency)

The book I read was called There Was an Old lady who swallowed a bell by Lucille Colandro. I read it to my Aunty Miss Wylma.






No comments:

Post a Comment